UniPCemu build 2018/04/14 11:41 is now live!
Now, UniPCemu is back with another update! From small things like bugfixes to large things like timing improvements and improved functionality!
- SDL2 has been updated to version 2.0.8
- The common emulator framework has been updated with lots of small and big bugfixes.
- Fixed LEA parameter order.
- Fixed Debugger register MOV instructions to use debugger registers instead of control registers.
- Fixed remaining 80386+ instructions to use proper memory operands when required.
- Modified 80386 0F opcodes to use the instruction lookup table.
- Modified the 80486+ opcodes to use the instruction lookup table.
- Adjusted 80386+ special registers(CRn,DRn,TRn) to use the instruction lookup tables correctly.
- ATA-1: drive seek complete is always set, except when seeking. ATAPI has a different meaning(service bit, thus always cleared).
- Improved ready for command seek status on hard disks.
- Applied defaults settings for ATA/ATAPI reset commands.
- Fixed reversed defaults setting applying on IDE drives.
- Fixed PS/2 keyboard disable/enable of it's port vs keyboard reset.
- Enabled Compaq Deskpro 386 built-in memory and RAM relocation to work properly.
- Simplified DMA mode register handling.
- Made the DMA controller cases handle all possible cases.
- Improved DMA with the Verify transfer from Bochs
- Improved DMA status register, with adding the DREQ signal to the high bits of the Status Register, to allow software to detect requests(that aren't acnowledged).
- Removed the last MMU invalid address detection.
- Improved x86 real-mode IRET to be cycle-accurate, using the BIU.
- Fixed x86 real-mode IRET to work properly.
- Fixed x86 real mode IRET to POP correctly with 32-bit operand size.
- Improved 8042 RAM and input defaults.
- 8042 self test disables the first PS/2 port on hardware.
- Improved handling of PCI IDE harddrive configurations.
- Improved RETF instructions.
- Reversed 32-bit RETF to pop 16-bit CS correctly with 32-bit stack again.
- Removed 80386 extension of opcode EB: it's the same as the 8086+ version.
- Implemented parallel port I/O timing.
- Added likelyness to various timed hardware(optimization improvement).
- Improved x86 opcode 83h zero-extending the immediate value.
- Improved x86 real-mode CALLF to be using the BIU for cycle-accuracy.
- Improved cycle-accuracy of RETF instruction to use the BIU to retrieve it's data from memory in a cycle-accurate way.
- Improved FNINIT opcode support.
- Implemented proper #NM exception support.
- Added proper implementation of #NM coprocessor exception.
- Implemented #MF(Coprocessor Error) handler.
- Improved 80386 FWAIT exception handling.
- Implemented the new 80287+ FWAIT instruction.
- Improved disassembly of the undocumented FPU instructions when not raising a fault.
- Fixed XLAT 16-bit address wrapping.
- Resolved x86 FWAIT exception that doesn't need to trigger.
- Improved x87 FWAIT instruction according to documentation.
- Improved x86 LEAVE instruction to work properly, handling (E)SP correctly.
- Improved x86 LEAVE instruction to assign (E)SP only once, during it's first execution phase.
- Improved x86 ENTER and LEAVE instructions with different Stack Operand sizes.
- Improved ENTER instruction with 16-bit and 32-bit operand sizes vs Stack sizes.
- Improved FDC Seek/Recalibrate to finish immediately when already on the right track.
- Finishing a seek doesn't set the FDC idea of the current cylinder, this is determined by the seeking itself.
- FDC Sense Interrupt gives the FDC's idea of the current cylinder, not the physical one.
- Improved FDC Seek/Recalibrate vs Disk Changed bit.
- Resetting the FDC doesn't affect the physical drives to track 0.
- Improved FDC read/write/format not setting any cylinder data, instead just verifying it before accessing the disk data(like a real FDC).
- Implemented simple floppy implied seek support without timing.
- Switching when increasing FDC sectors to side 0 doesn't change the cylinder to use.
- Improved FDC relative seeking vs MT bit.
- Resetting the FDC doesn't reset the current cylinder information.
- Improved FDC Configuration defaults.
- Improved unconnected floppy drives to fail seeking the heads always(timing out when possible).
- Fixed opcode 86/87h XCHG parameter order to be correct(reg,r/m).
- Fixed FDC seek to non-zero track being completed status correctly.
- Register LOCK prefix checks are to be performed on lockable r/m operands only. It's never applied to the reg operand, since it's not lockable(processor internal).
- Optimized CPU debugger and fault unlikeliness(speed optimization).
- Flag operation unlikely to #GP fault(speed optimization).
- Updated modem listen port setting information in the settings file.
- Changed the Android default modem listen port to 65523 instead of 23.
- Improved 80286 not supporting an 8-bit BUS and improved documentation.
- Fixed 80386 not checking the required internal instruction step before checking memory parameters for faults.
- Fixed 8086 vs 80386 difference.
- Added type conversion to opcode 6A(PUSH immediate signed byte).
- Improved memory checking on opcodes 69/6B IMUL on 80186+ and 80836+ CPUs.
- Pseudo protection fault during Virtual 8086 mode only happens when the segment limit raises a fault.
- Fixed cycles being applied for 32-bit CWDE/CDQ instructions.
- Improved handling of segment writes and aborts during CALL instructions and added support for aborting the segmentation write.
- Improved x86 CALLF timings.
- Fixed XT PPI interface to work properly again.
- Improved 8042/PPI response to the keyboard clock lines and acnowledge bits in PPI port 61/KB Controller Port B.
- Fixed XT keyboard clock line to properly disable/enable the line when requested and reset the connected keyboard.
- Reversed the XT PPI according to documentation.
- Fixed initial System Control Port B error value to be not set.
- Improved PPI 62 vs System Control Port B on XT architectures.
- Improved input locking behaviour on the emulator core.
- Improved 80486/80386/80286 LOADALL (un)support(ed).
- Fixed 80286 GDTR/IDTR register loading shifting and masking correctly during the 80286 LOADALL.
- Fixed 80386 LOADALL loading EFLAGS, EDX and ECX correctly.
- Fixed 80286 LOADALL loading DX and CX correctly.
- Improved real mode compatibility loading non-CS registers.
- Improved comments and simplified Virtual 8086 mode noncallgate_info field assignment.
- Improved CPL support changing of CPL through non-call gates(not changing CPL).
- Fixed various compiler and code analysis warnings using MinGW and Visual Studio.
- Fixed overflow check on the MMU_directptr function.
- Added support for double percision to be adjusted to single percision or long double percision, at a cost of reduced accuracy.
- Loading System Descriptors in CS is illegal.
- Simplified active NULL descriptor checks(not using the segment register, instead using the present bit only).
- Removed cases already handled further up the code(Privilege level and data in code segment checks).
- CPL when entering protected mode is determined by the SS segment's DPL.
- Improved CPL support being based on the SS segment DPL with LOADALL.
- Improved floppy clearing internal memory buffers to use proper pointers.
- Improved IBM AT and up DMA clock running at half the CPU clock speed when using an IBM AT or higher.
- Modified IBM AT BUS waitstates to 1 cycle to get a 6 or 12(word using byte transactions) cycle BUS transaction, resulting in the proper documented speed.
- DMA runs at half CPU clock instead of whole CPU clock on AT architecture.
- DMA doesn't need locks, since it doesn't use any special lockable objects.
- Fixed the FDC rate selection lookup tables for step rates to be correct.
- Improved segment overrides with string instructions, with DS being overridable and ES not being overridable.
- Improved load to segment register from modr/m to inhabit interrupts and use the parameter table correctly(instead of overwriting on 80186+).
- Improved check for popping into SS with the 16-bit 8F opcode.
- Improved segment register loading with invalid task register value being loaded.
- Improved task register loading faults to be more correct.
- Improved handling of idle when loading the task register.
- Fixed saving a correctly loaded TSS descriptor back to RAM.
- Improved call gate RPL and CPL settings after executing the gate.
- Improved switching privilege levels between real/protected/Virtual 8086 modes.
- Improved 80286+ support switching tasks and loading the LDTR.
- Improved task switching LDTR descriptor loading VS Page faults.
- Improved clearing memory using memset, not using malformed pointers anymore(causing crashes).
- Fixed task switching to finish correctly after completing the task switch.
- Fixed task switching stack fault when pushing the error code.
- Cleaned up the multitasking CPU support a bit with the new loading method.
- Fixed an Android redirect file parsing bug(which was using a malformed pointer(causing crashes)).
- A reboot is always required when changing video cards, not having anything to do with SVGA or not(only memory size redetection does).
- Fixed 286+ timings lookup table generation when using a CPU that's older than the 80286(causing crashes due to index underflow).
- Improved handling of writes to segment registers to not always become the value that's loaded directly, instead of always loading the literal value that's loaded.
- Cleaned up CMPSB and STOSW/D instructions redundant stepping.
- Default segment register isn't to be reapplied when repeating instructions using the REP(N/NZ) instruction prefixes.
- Improved option text on the main Settings menu.
UniPCemu.apk 3 MB
99 days ago
UniPCemu_PSP.zip 668 kB
99 days ago
UniPCemu_win32.zip 1 MB
99 days ago
UniPCemu_win64.zip 1 MB
99 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.